Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Reads in 2015 (Blogmas Day 15)

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.


Let's recommend some fantasy! This week's topic is about our favorite reads in 2015 and I've decided to narrow it down to fantasy books only! Let's see what I have in store for you, shall we?!


"The Demon Cycle" series by Peter V. Brett
This is my favorite series for this year! I love the characters, the story is epic. Nothing was missing for me! Every single book has a lot to offer and concentrates on the past of one of the main characters, as well as current events.
Just read it, ok!

"Shadowdance" series by David Dalglish
I feel that my blog is flooded with ranting about this series, but I really like it. I don't want to say anything about the story, because spoilers! What I can say is that I love the writing style of the author and although the story may not seem very original, the book draws you in and does not let go until the very end.

"The Lord of the Rings" trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
I know, shame on me for not reading this sooner...But I'm really happy that I've finally caved in and read this book...which is huge by the way.

"Maleficent" by Elizabeth Rudnick
I'm sure all of you've heard about the movie, which was brilliant. I loved it so much that I decided to buy the book. I must say that for a book that was based on the movie and not the other way around, this read was pretty amazing. I love it!

"The Ice Dragon" by George R.R. Martin
This is a really short middle grade fantasy book about dragons. I had some issues with it, but in the end I really, really liked it. It's full with amazing illustrations, done by Luis Royo, so if you are an artsy person, you'll definitely love this one.


"Daughter of Smoke & Bone" series by Laini Taylor
Yeah, I know I hopped on that train a little bit late. I just wanted all of the books in the series to come out before diving into this awesomeness. #HateWaiting

"Edge of End" by Suren Hakobyan
I really appreciate this book because it's a fantasy stand alone! I really liked the topic. The story was interesting. The characters were well developed. A full review for this book will be published soon (I honestly can't believe I don't have one already).

"Among Thieves" by Douglas Hulick
I don't know why but I really love books about thieves. They are so imperfect and lovely as main characters. A little bit of mischief makes the main character look so much sexy, don't you think? Is it just me?

"Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman
I was so hesitant to read this book, because I've read Neil Geiman before and didn't really like his writing style. But I've heard only great things about this book, so I've finally read it. And I was surprised to find out how drawn I was to the story and the characters. The only thing that I did not like about this book was the ending, but it was not bad enough to ruin the book for me.

"47 Ronin" by Joan D. Vinge
This is yet another book based on a movie. I haven't watched it yet, but the book was amazing. I really liked the main character, the book was a really fast read and authors can definitely do no wrong for me when they provide me with broken main characters.

Have you read any of these books? Is your opinion about them any different? I'll be happy to read all of your thoughts in the comments and if you share your blog post about this topic with me, I'll be sure to check it out :)

5 comments:

  1. You managed to read the Lord of the Rings?! That's an amazing feat -I found it ridiculously hard to keep track of everything! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The struggle is real, when it comes to starting this book. The size is very intimidating, but I can definitely see why people are raving about the series :)
      Of course I've already watched the movies, before reading this book, so this helped a lot with keeping track on the events.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the books listed in your post. Ooo, a few new to me titles to check out!!

    Here's a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord of the Rings is one of my all-time favorites - congrats on getting to it!
    I also love Neverwhere (actually, I love anything by Neil Gaiman)
    Your #1, #2, #8, and #10 look like books I need in my life (I also love anything about thieves). Have you read Six of Crows (Leigh Bardugo)? It's about a heist conducted by misfits and thieves, and it was on my top 10 list :)
    Nice list! Here's mine if you're interested: http://rlhendrian.blogspot.com/2015/12/ttt-top-10-books-i-read-in-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. I'll be sure to check it out :)

      Delete