Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Books of the Year (Non-Fantasy)

Top 5 Wednesdays was created by gingerreadsLainey and there is a Goodreads group where you can find a list of participants as well as Top 5 Wednesday topics.


The end of the year is knocking on the door and it's time to share some of my favorite reads throughout 2015. The topic for this week is "Books of the Year", but I can't possibly narrow them down to only five, so I'll make this list a non-fantasy one. If you are interested in finding out what my favorite fantasy books are, check out my TTT: Favorite Fantasy Reads in 2015.
Without any further ado, here are my favorite non-fantasy reads for 2015:


I love travelling. Sadly I don't have the opportunity to travel a lot, so instead I enjoy reading travelling guides and "visit" so many different places. This book is a really quick read, which swiftly introduces some really intriguing places.

"Still Alice" by Lisa Genova
I loved this book. It was heartbreaking, but sad books are my weakness.

"Remembering Sarah" by Chris Mooney
I love well written mystery novels and this one had a rather unexpected ending, which I really appreciated.

Like a lot of people out there, I loved this book so much.

Apparently I love memoirs. This one steals the prize for best book of 2016 in my list. I was crying throughout a huge part of the book, which I kind of needed during that time. Definitely one of the best non-fiction books I've read so far.

If you haven't read any of these books and you find their topics interesting, definitely give them a try. I loved all of them.

Share your Top 5 Wednesday in the comments :)

2 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot of good things about All The Boy's I Have Loved Before maybe I will have to read it. Hope you have a good 2016!
    If you are interested my list is here: http://powisamy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/top-5-wednesday-most-disappointing.html

    ReplyDelete