Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Book Courtship Tag (Blogmas Day 5)

I haven't done a tag since forever and this one popped up in my mail yesterday. Cristina from My Tiny Obsessions was so nice to tag everyone, which gives me the opportunity to answer all of the awesome questions in this tag.

The Book Courtship Tag was originally created by Leah from Hi I Love Books, so thank you Leah for this wonderful tag.


Phase 1 - Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover?

"The Left Hand of God" by Paul Hoffman

Well, technically I didn't buy this book only because of the cover, but it's the reason why I read the synopsis...and after that I watched the trailer...which lead to me buying it.

I must say that although a lot of people don't seem to like it, I adore it and have already read it twice. Since the third book came out yesterday (at least in my country it did), I'm planning on giving it another reread.

Phase 2 - First Impressions: A book that you got because of the summary?

"Warm Bodies" by Isaac Marion

This was the first zombie book that I've read. I was so intrigued by the synopsis and I've never heard anyone talking about it. I ended up loving it and now, when the second book is about to come out next year, I'm really excited.

Phase 3 - Sweet Talk: A book with great writing?

"Poison" by Chris Wooding

I was really drawn by the writing style in this book. I don't know if it's something spectacular - maybe it's not, but for some reason I loved it. It was like a very well written fairy-tale for me.

I have a short review for this book on Goodreads if you are interested to read it.

Phase 4 - First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pick up the rest of the series?

"The Warded Man" by Peter V. Brett

Hands down! This is my favorite high fantasy book series of all time!

Funny fact: I took the first two books in the series from the library and before even finishing the first one I went out and bought all of the books that were published by far.

Phase 5 - Late Night Phone Calls: A book that kept you up all night?


I can hardly stay up all night reading, but If I have to choose a book to spend the night with, it's going to be this one. It's one of the most unique books that I've read...and I bought it because of the first sentence, which might sound weird for those who know what the first sentence is.
This book series is really popular now, but I bought it not knowing anything about it. Some people like it, others hate it...I just adore it.


Phase 6 - Always On My Mind: A book you could not stop thinking about?

"Harry Potter" series by J.K. Rowling

I'm sorry, but it's true! It's almost Christmas and me and my sister are currently rewatching the movies...and the illustrated edition came out this year...I mean, how can I think about anything else...

Phase 7 - Getting Physical: A book which you love the way it feels?

"Deep Water Thin Ice" by Kathy Shuker

I'm not into feeling my books, but when I received this one I couldn't stop touching it. It has like a velvety feel to it...i really can't even describe it, but I like it.

Phase 8 - Meeting The Parents: A book which you would recommend to your family and friends?

"Медальонът" by Галина Златарева

I'm really sorry I can't recommend this to any foreigners because the book has not been translated to any other language. Only Bulgarian edition is available. But I really recommend this to everyone around me. Even people who don't usually read books love this one.

Phase 9 - Thinking About The Future: A book or series you know you will reread many times in the future?

"Last Chance Saloon" by Marian Keyes

I've read this book 7 times already and I'm planning on rereading it again soon. If you haven't read any books written by Marian Keyes, you should. They are so much fun!!!

Phase 10 - Share The Love: Who do you tag?

I have no idea who's done this tag already, so if any of you has desire to do it, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments: