Friday, December 11, 2015

Movie Review: Victor Frankenstein (Blogmas Day 11)

Genre: Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi
Duration: 110 min
Stars: Daniel Radcliffe, James McAvoy
IMDB Rating: 6.3/10
My Rating: 5/10

"Told from Igor's perspective, we see the troubled young assistant's dark origins, his redemptive friendship with the young medical student Viktor Von Frankenstein, and become eyewitnesses to the emergence of how Frankenstein became the man - and the legend - we know today."

Well, this is something unusual for my blog, but I just couldn't resist. I was expecting great things from this movie. Sadly my expectations were too high.

First off, let's start with what I liked about this movie.
The actors did such an amazing job with the screenplay they were given. James McAvoy was the perfect lunatic. His demeanor, his manner of talking, everything was perfect. Daniel Radcliffe played his role surprisingly well. Apart from the "Harry Potter" movies, I've watched only one more movie, where he was the main character and it was a huge disappointment. I'm very happy that he didn't blew it this time.

The soundtrack and the costumes were awesome. Every song fitted the scenes perfectly and added a little bit of something to the atmosphere. The costumes - especially the gowns - were gorgeous. I'm green with envy of the ladies, that have lived in that era - walking around the streets in such lovely dresses, while we are wearing them only for prom.
Now, about the things I didn't like.
The plot didn't do much for me. There were some interesting moments, but overall it was pretty boring. I was not drawn into the story and most of the time I felt something was missing. And although I loved all of her gowns, what was Lorelei role in all of this? She was just there, showing off her lovely costumes. She didn't add anything to the story.

And what about Frankenstein's monster? They spent no more then 10 minutes on him. An absolute no for me! And dear Vicky was expecting an actual living, talking and thinking creature and when he didn't get it, he decided to kill it! YOU FREAKING PISS ME OFF!!!

I was expecting the movie to be a little bit more like the book. Huge mistake! It was still kind of good, but if I knew what I'm about to watch, I wouldn't have spent my money on it.

Have you watched this movie and what's your opinion about it? Please, share your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment