Monday, November 30, 2015

November Wrap Up


I proclaim this month as a huge success when it comes to reading. I've read a total of eight books and I had an average reading experience - some books I loved, some books I hated.

Reviewed Books:

"More Than This" by Patrick Ness

Genre: Dystopia
My review can be found here, but the only thing you need to know really is that the book is unique and great.


Genre: Middle Grade
My 2 in 1 review can be found here, but I'm sure all of you've heard great things about these books.

"Urban Gothic" by Brian Keene

Genre: Horror
If you like gory stuff and really descriptive language and a lot of violence, than this book is just for you. For more detailed review, you can click here.

Non-Reviewed Books:

"City of Stairs" ("The Divine Cities" #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett

Genre: Fantasy
The problem I had with this book is that I was confuse most of the times by the amount of strange names that I had to remember in order to follow the story and some of the unexplained things that were somewhat important for the story. The book was better towards its ending and that's enough to make me want to read the next ones in the series. Sadly I can't say I recommend this read.


Genre: Horror
This was not a horror book at all. It's more like a mystery novel with not enough mystery in it. I was expecting psychological horror and I didn't get any...so I ended up really disappointed. There were some good moments here and there, but not nearly enough for me.

"Twilight Eyes" by Dean Koontz

Genre: Horror
This book was my biggest disappointment of the month. It should have never existed. It would have been such a good book, but the ending ruined it all. Do you know what my thoughts were towards the ending?! - "This book was pointless!" That have never happened before. I've always found some reasoning behind the books I've read, but this one was just meaningless, dull...Just don't read it...

"Jumanji" by Todd Strasser

Genre: Childrens
I love the movie. I've watched it a gazillion times. I was going for "Jumanji" by Chris Van Allsburg, but they didn't have it in my local library, so I ended up picking this one up. It's OK for a children's book or a beginner in English (which I am not). It was still nice to read it.

These were all of the books I've read this month. Is there any of them you've read? What was your reading experience throughout November?

No comments:

Post a Comment