Friday, November 27, 2015

Book Review: "More Than This" by Patrick Ness


Genre: Dystopia
Source: Bought

"A boy drowns, desperate and alone in his final moments. He dies.

Then he wakes, naked and bruised and thirsty, but alive.

How can this be? And what is this strange deserted place?

As he struggles to understand what is happening, the boy dares to hope. Might this not be the end? Might there be more to this life, or perhaps this afterlife?

From multi-award-winning Patrick Ness comes one of the most provocative and moving novels of our time." - Goodreads

I've heard a lot of people talking about this book and each and every one of them says that the only thing you need to know about this book is the synopsis, written on the back. I completely agree with this. I won't even try to explain what this book is all about. It's strange and original and really, really good.

I find every Patrick Ness book to be unique in its own way and I really love that. I never know what to expect and end up loving every story, written by him. If you've read any of his works, you know what I'm talking about.

This book is an emotional ride, at least for me it was. It was thought provoking, too. If you've never read any Patrick Ness books, I definitely recommend you to start with this one.

If you’ve read it, share your thoughts on it in the comments. I’ll be happy to see what other people think about this book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment