Saturday, October 31, 2015

Mini October Wrap Up

This month I've read 4 books...my reading is going downhill...


"The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern
Genre: Fantasy
I expected something more from this book. It has really good reviews and a lot of people think it's an amazing read. For me it was nothing special. The story was interesting, but I didn't see character development and I was not satisfied with the ending of the book.

“Howl's Moving Castle” by Diana Wynne Jones
Genre: Middle Grade
I love the animation based on this book. There were some scenes that I didn't feel were necessary to be there because they didn't add anything to the story for me. I prefer the movie over the book, but nevertheless it was a great read.

"The Little White Horse" by Elizabeth Goudge
Genre: Middle Grade
I read this book only because it's a favorite of J. K. Rowling. I did not expect to like it as much as I did. The story is not anything special, but it was written so beautifully. I liked the characters and their development throughout the story. For me this is a perfect book for children.

"The Silkworm" by Robert Galbraith
Genre: Mystery
This was the perfect book to end the month with. I liked it more than the first one. The characters had more development and the case was more interesting for me. Again, I was very surprised by the culprit which is essential for me when I read something from the mystery genre. I'm really looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

Those were my reads this month. Have you read any of the books mentioned and if you did do you agree with my opinions. Any thoughts are appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment