Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I've Read The Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.


Today the topic is "Authors I've Read The Most Books From". I have some unexpected authors for you...


Connie Mason – 16 books 
I don't know if any of you have heard about this author, but she writes historical romances. Connie Mason’s books are my guilty pleasure. They are all short and easy to read and all of the ones I’ve read I enjoyed very much. I know they are all very cheesy and not very smart, but I still like them...


Laurell K. Hamilton – 10 books
This is probably my biggest mistake related to books…The problem is that I really liked the premise of this series…but the books are not that good…they are actually pretty bad…but I still continue to read them because I’m masochistic like that…

J.K. Rowling – 9 books 
There are no words…I mean, is there a single person who doesn't like her. She is an amazing writer - her stories are original and really interesting, her writing style is perfect and she is funny...


Yeah, I found that hilarious :D


George R.R. Martin – 7 books
I'm sure everyone have heard about "Game of Thrones". I admit that I started reading the books just because of the TV series. But the books turned out to be so good. Yes, they are really big and in the beginning a little bit hard to follow because of the amount of characters, but not a small amount of them died throughout the series so...that's sad. But I've been waiting for the next book in the series for so long now...Please, George...write the damn book already…I need it ASAP…


Sophie Kinsella – 7 books
Sophie Kinsella’s books are another guilty pleasure. They are chick-lit, but very funny and I love them.

Marian Keyes – 6 books
Another chick-lit books that I love. One of her books I’ve read at least 5 times which may seem strange to some people but not to me.


Cassandra Clare – 6 books 
I may be the only one that didn’t love the “Mortal Instruments” series. Please, don't kill me...but it was so hard for me to finish this series...especially after the third one...I'm so sorry. I may read some of her other works but we’ll see…

Rick Riordan – 6 books
I've read only the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series by him and I liked it, but the books are for a little bit younger audience in my opinion.

Patrick Ness – 6 books
I stumbled upon "The Knife of Never Letting Go" one day in the bookstore and I was so surprised by the first couple of sentences that I bought the book...and from the moment I've read it I just fell in love with his writing style.

Philippa Gregory – 5 books
I've only read "The Cousins' War" series by her, but I loved it. Kings and queens and intrigues...what's not to like...I'm looking forward to reading some more of her works.

Those were my top ten most read authors. Tell me what you think about my picks in the comments and if you have a blog post about this topic, share a link and I'll be happy to read it :)

4 comments:

  1. Great post! JK Rowling is amazing and I have had a few students try to tell me that they haven't jumped on the Harry Potter bandwagon. I just don't buy it! Here is my TTT if you want to check it out! http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/most-read-authors/
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ALWAYS nice to find another Patrick Ness fan! Great list! - L

    ReplyDelete