Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Tropes You Hate

Top 5 Wednesdays was created by gingerreadsLainey and there is a Goodreads group where you can find a list of participants as well as Top 5 Wednesday topics.


This week's topic is "Tropes You Hate" and I'm sure we all have at least one or two of those. It was not hard for me to come up with five things I hate in books. There are other tropes I hate of course, but I can't list them all here.


Instant love
There is no such thing. It’s called sexual attraction, people. You can’t love a person before getting to know this person. I'm sorry, that's the way it is.


Love triangles
There are a few love triangles that are well written…actually I can’t think of one at this exact moment…but I’m sure there are some…


Books with angels
I don’t hate angels but I’ve read only one series with angels that I’ve liked and that’s “Daughter of Smoke & Bone” by Laini Taylor. All of the other ones that I’ve read are complete rubbish. Of course, you can change my opinion about this one if you share with me your favorite books with angels in the comments.


The Chosen One
This one doesn’t bother me as much as the other ones, but only if the book is well written (like “Harry Potter”) or the person is someone that I like (unlike Clary or Jace from “Mortal Instruments”). And one other thing, the so called "Chosen One", who have the power to save the world, will not succeed in doing so without the help of his FRIENDS.


Miscommunication or lying
For this one I mean the fact that so many people lie because if the person they’re lying to knows the truth he/she might get hurt or hate them or get into trouble and blah, blah, blah…

Those were my top 5 annoying tropes. Do you agree with me on any of my picks? Leave a comment if you do and also, if you have Top 5 Wednesday blog post I would love to check it out :)

6 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these trope especially love triangles and instalove.
    Feel free to check out my post here: http://powisamy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/top-5-wednesday-tropes-i-hate.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Top 5! I recommend reading Blood and Feathers by Lou Morgan for a decent book with angels. They're brilliant in that, very amusing, interesting and dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a try :)

      Delete
  3. Lies...I cannot stand them. Don't these characters understand that the truth will come out? I haven't actually read many angel books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. And it's never good, when the truth comes out...too much drama...

      Delete
  4. Yes, yes and yes! We share several most-hated-tropes. Miscommunication was my #1. Ugh. I'm so over it. And the insta-love. Enough, already. I can actually deal with the love triangles... but just not the insta-love.
    My T5W list is here: http://bit.ly/1J4LsTF

    ReplyDelete