Monday, August 10, 2015

BookTubeAThon Wrap Up


Well...I didn't do so good this time...I've managed to complete only 4 out of the 7 challenges, which is kind of sad, but in my defence - I chose some really long books...
The challenges I've completed are:

1. Read a book with blue on the cover
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read

These are the books I've read:


My book with blue on the cover was "The Burgess Boys" by Elizabeth Strout. It was not a very good book. I was really interested in reading it, but the story ended up being not very well written and I did not find it very believable. I also did not like the characters, their actions were not very logical in my opinion and I could not relate to neither one of them...

The book by an author who shares the same first letter of my last nime was "Dreams of Gods and Monsters" by Laini Taylor. This is my least favorite book in the trilogy. I was a little bit confused by the presence of the Stelians and what there story was...It was only revealed in the end what their mission in life is and that was not explained very well, so I was not satisfied. I was also not very fond of the ending, so those two things brought the book down for me.

The book I read without letting go of it was "07-Ghost" Volume 5 by Yuki Amemiya and Yukino Ichihara. I did enjoy this volume, but not as much as the previous ones.

I really wanted to read "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, so I did. I really liked the book. It was well written and the characters were interesting. The story has a lot to offer and is very instructive. There was something missing for me and I don't even know what it was but it made me not loving the book as much as I hoped I will. I will nevertheless read the second book which recently came out.

So, yeah...I failed this BookTubeAThon, but I am still very happy that I've managed to read those books. How was the BookTubeAThon for you, guys? Did you manage to complete all the challenges? Also, if you've read any of the books I mentioned please share your thoughts in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment