Tuesday, July 14, 2015

#CramAThon Wrap Up

Since this summer #CramAThon is now over I've decided to share with you what books and which challenges I've managed to complete. For those of you who don't know the challenges were:

1. Read a children's book
2. Read a hardback
3. Read 2 books in 24 hours
4. Read a graphic novel
5. Read a book written in verse
6. Read a novella
7. Read 5 books total

and I've completed 5 out of this 7 challenges.


For challenge #1 I've read "The Miserable Mill" by Lemony Snicket.
I really liked the book. It was not as creepy as the first book in the series which I enjoyed the most until now, but still it was a pleasant read. 

For Challenge #2 I've read "The Chambermaid" by Markus Orths.
I've wanted to read this book for such a long time and I can't say that I liked it. It was really really strange read and for me the story started nowhere and was going nowhere. It was a quick read but not at all enjoyable.

Challenge #3 I've managed to complete on the first day by reading the two book from challenges #1 and #2 as well as the book from challenge #4.

For challenge #4 I've read "07-Ghost" Volumes 3 and 4 by Yuki Amemiya and Yukino Ichihara.
I really love this series. The art is beautiful, the characters are well developed and the story is captivating. If you haven't read this one - do it, or at least watch the anime (which is by the way not finished).


In order to compelte challenge #7 I've read some random short books: "Dracula" by Bram Stoker, "Burned Alive" by Suad and "Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions" by Daniel Wallace.
I really enjoed "Dracula" as a story and writing style. Sometimes I found some of the characters actions rather stupid but those moments were just a few so didn't ruin the book for me.

"Burned Alive" was a book that deal with a really heavy subject and I always give this books high rating even if I didn't like the rating style that much - as in this case. The title says all you need to know before reading the book so if it's not too much for you, go ahead and read the book.

"Big Fish" was kind of a children's book with a bunch of stories in it. I didn't know anything about it when I started it and I still have no idead what I've read. It's not something I would recommend.

So, that were the books I finished. I think I did well...Leave me a comment if you participated in the #CramAThon and what books did you read. Also, if you've read any of this books feel free to share your opinion :)

2 comments:

  1. good job on getting all of that read :D I didn't participate, too much else on :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I did not believe I could finish that many books in only 4 days but miracles happen :D

      Delete